Tuesday, December 3, 2013

For All the Wrong Reasons...

Hello my lovies!!!  While I sit and enjoy my snack of mandarin oranges mixed with pineapple greek yogurt (it will change your life), I decided to share my thoughts.

Soooooo, my tummy tuck has been scheduled.  It's not for about another 3 months *rolls eyes* but my Dad will be having surgery next week so that gives us plenty of time to get him all mended first.  Now, let us talk about this tucketh of my tummy.
It's not a secret that I have a STRONG dislike for my butt in the front.  My stomach has been large my entire life and having it go away has always been a wish of mine.  I wasn't the chubby girl who was lucky to be thick at the bottom...mine sat right in front for the WORLD to see!  I knew that when I started this weight loss journey that my stomach probably would not disappear the way many people's do...only because it was so much...and I was right.  I've mentioned that because of this, I don't like taking full length pictures.  While the rest of me looks very different (although maybe not as different as I thought, but I'll save that for a future post), my stomach just hasn't caught up. There is some definite progress, just not enough.  In dealing with that, it got me to thinking about body issues in general.

Quiet as it's kept, a lot of women lose weight for superficial reasons...maybe that's not so quiet, lol.  Some women do it to look better, some do it to make themselves more attractive to people...I've even known women who've lost weight hoping that it will help them to get married.  The best reason to lose weight is for yourself, because it can open a Pandora's box of other issues.  For instance, I've lost a substantial amount of weight.  I was ecstatic because I felt my body would look better and I would be a little more confident in showing it.  I didn't know that a whole new set of insecurities could creep in and settle themselves.  Because I've lost a lot of weight, I have skin.  It just hangs...ripples a bit...you could liken it to raw chicken on a bad day.  Now, I know over time as I continue to work out and lift that it will tone up but that doesn't exactly help me today.  So before my insecurity was being heavy...now my insecurity is loose skin...do you see where I'm going with this?  No matter what, there will be something that physically you may not like about yourself, so if you're losing weight for the wrong reasons you will end up disappointed. If I was losing weight for a man, the LAST thing I would want him to see is me looking like a Perdue whole fryer, lol.  That's why you have to be comfortable in the skin that you're in. 

Well, that statement may make you wonder, "Then why are you having the tummy tuck?!??"  I'm so glad you asked!  One, it will make putting the kidney in easier once I have my transplant, thus making it medically necessary.  But my biggest point is if that tummy tuck wasn't an option, I would have to be comfortable in the skin that I was in, butt in the front or not.  I can eat clean to lean out my abs and do all types of ab work to define and shape them, but if I wasn't meant to have a washboard stomach, I would just have to accept it.  I can be honest...I am tall and curveless...except for my chest, lol.  I don't have a curvy shape that many women are pumping their bodies full of foreign matter to get and I'm okay with that. Now, in no way am I putting down anyone who chooses to alter their bodies to feel more comfortable in their skin.  What I am saying is check your motives for WHY you're doing it...is it for you?  If you were forced to live your life without that procedure, could you do it?  I understand this tummy tuck is not a quick fix and that afterwards I will still be chubby and need to lose additional weight...and I am okay with that.  We have to make sure we aren't being fueled by all of the wrong reasons.

So, February 25th is the day lovies!!!  Until then, I will still train hard, eat right (most of the time) and keep on this journey because it's for a lifetime.  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment