Friday, April 19, 2013

Seafood Pasta

I'm back Lovies...and armed with a delicious recipe.  Yesterday, I was poking around Instagram and saw a plate that made me absolutely hungry, lol.  So, as usual, my wheels started turning and the next thing I knew I was at the produce market picking up ingredients to make this wonderful seafood pasta.  It was soooooooo good and took less than 30 minutes to put together.


This was the finished product with a side of sauteed spinach...I like to bulk up my veggies as much as I can


 One of my favorite parts of cooking is prep work.  I like to get my cutting board, knives, all of my ingredients, turn on my music and just get in the zone...it's so relaxing to me

Sauteing one shallot, 2 stalks of green onion, 6 tomato berries (same thing as grape or cherry tomatoes), parsley, one cherry pepper and 2 cloves of garlic in some olive oil.  

 Once the veggies softened, I added half a cup of white wine.  I like to add it first so that some of the alcohol can cook off.  

 Next, I added a fourth of a cup of low sodium chicken broth and the juice from half a lemon to build the sauce.


 I added three SMALL pats of unsalted butter to give the sauce a velvety texture and to help it adhere to the pasta better by giving it some viscosity.  It also makes it taste good, lol


 As the sauce began to simmer it was time to add the herbs and seasonings.  This is up to your taste.  This particular day I added some dried basil, herbs de provence, kosher salt, coarse ground pepper and red pepper flakes.

 Then it was time for the seafood.  I added 6 little neck clams first.  I covered the skillet with a lid until the clams opened.  Then I added a fourth of a pound of scallops and raw shrimp.  I allowed it to simmer for about 7 minutes until everything was about cooked through.

As I was preparing the sauce, I boiled some whole grain linguine and once it was al dente I added it to my sauce and let it simmer for a few minutes to finish cooking and absorb some of that sauce.  

This is the finished product.  I would like to note that I did remove the clams from the shells because I'm weird about accidentally chewing on shells while enjoying my vittles...but if you're into presentation, feel free to leave them whole.  

And this is it!  It was VERY good and warmed up very well the next day for lunch.  The seafood was cooked perfectly, not rubbery or tough.  The lemon was just enough to brighten up all of the flavors without being overpowering.  It was herbaceous and savory...trust me it was good, lol.  Hope you guys enjoy and remember to progress not perfection! 

No comments:

Post a Comment