Tuesday, November 13, 2012

And the Point of it All…


 

Hello Lovelies!!! So…tomorrow is my appointment with the transplant dietician. The last time I went to see this lady she sent me on a downward spiral to hell. I have NEVER been so discouraged, frustrated and just plain disappointed as the day I left her office. Essentially, the only thing keeping me from being placed in the transplant registry is my weight. At the start of my weight loss journey I was about 120 pds heavier than they wanted. Today I PROUDLY say that I am about 50 pds away from their goal weight. That sounds awesome sauce right???? WRONG!!!! The reason I even decided to go ahead and start the process is because every other doctor that must evaluate me for a trasnplant gave me the green light and suggested because I made such an effort to lose weight that a few pounds shouldn't make a big difference…WRONG AGAIN!!!! That lady told me NO and put me on a two protein shake a day diet and basically told me to do better. THAT was the part of that appointment that burned me clean up. Here I am busting my tail, albeit I was having a fun, but losing weight is HARD WORK and I will never tell anyone anything different. Here I walk in, head held high because I'd made real progress for once in my life and she tells me, "that's good, but do better." I wanted to tell that woman where she could shove her suggestions but instead I took the emotional route and cried, lol…crocodile tears. Then I went to the Olive Garden, lmbo!!!!! She asked me to lose 20-25 pds in 3 months. I gave myself 4. I'm actually not sure if I've even hit the target but I'm determined not to let this woman get me down. If I go in tomorrow and she tells me no again, yes I will cry because that's who I am, but I will go back to losing weight because it was fun and it made me feel good about myself…not for anything else. I apologize if this post is spastic…my body is requesting sleep right now but I just wanted to share this post J Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment