Wednesday, October 12, 2011

And so it begins.....

I've started about a million of these blogs...so what makes this one different?  Well, I'm documenting my weight loss journey.  I've been a heavy duty cutie my entire life, and for reasons I'll get into later I have to lose a bunch of weight in a timely fashion.  I can say with complete confidence that I have tried every diet known to man...weight watchers...diet pills...starvation...calorie counting...I've even done some things that will remain between me and God.  This diet is different because it's not a diet.  I've changed my life and I've never had so much fun losing weight.  I know you're saying, "Fun...losing weight...somebody PLEASE feed this woman!" but it's true.  I   enjoy exercising.  I love seeing how my body that has always been a solid mass is melting away and getting definition.  Like I have kneecaps, and those of you who are as juicy as myself understand what that can mean to a person, lol.  I don't feel deprived.  If I feel like I just HAVE to have that chip, I eat it...savor that taste...and stop.  I'm learning and having fun discovering all types of things about different foods.  Let's be honest, food is good.  The right food will bring a tear to your eye.  We can discuss how "unhealthy" this mindset is or we can understand that we can enjoy food and still have it be good and healthy to our bodies.  Hence, the title "Taste Away the Pounds".  I cannot imagine my life not being able to indulge in delicious, succulent, yummy, delectable (you ever notice how many words there are to describe food?), mouthwatering cuisines, but does that mean they have to be bad for me? I can choose to have salmon drenched in butter and cream sauces or I can choose to steam it with lemon and dill and be just as fulfilled, but not denying myself.  That's what this blog is about.  Food is not the enemy, but making better choices is the solution.  Join me on this journey.  Tasting away the pounds...the path to permanent weight loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment